Hey Jet lag...


Well, I'm here! It has been one amazing journey just to get here... and one hella long one. Since I left London, it took about 28hours to get Brisbane. But of course it's 110% worth it, even with the jet lag. As I type it's 4:00 am., I slept from 6pm till 2am and just woke up. So I'm hoping after I get this first blog out of the way, I can get a couple more hours of sleep, and try and stay up longer tomorrow, I'll take down this jet lag! Whatever... it's got total control over me.


Let's get to the pictures... I'm too tired to type, my brain is still a little fuzzy. Australia was love at first sight... and second... and third, lol.



This horrible picture is my first picture on Aussie soil. This is after I got off my 15 hours flight from L.A to Sydney, I was transferring from the international airport to the domestic airport where I caught my flight to Brisbane.




My flight from Sydney to Brisbane. The sun came out for my final flight!




The Sydney Opera House from the air. Hopefully I'll see it up close before I leave.




A bigger view of the harbour. I couldn't stop taking pictures when I was in the air, it turned out to be such a perfect day.



A costal view.



I haven't taken too many pictures of campus yet, but they will definitely come soon. I have few to tide you over and some from my flat at the University.



This is on campus, right now I'm walking towards the post office. To the right is the student services building and bus area.  Everything is it outside, it's all open. It kind of reminds me of 90210 (the original), where they went to school, lol.




It's kind of dark, but this is where I had my first breakfast, right by the post office. This area has all the shops and what not.

The next few are of my flat. I have 4 flatmates and I'm not sure if we're getting another because we have one room open right now.




The kitchen area, bathroom is off the right.




From the kitchen area looking into the living area... Ya Wii!! Just past the fridge is the hallway leading to all the rooms.


Next series, bathroom. I've never lived in a residence type flat, so the bathroom arrangements will take some getting used to.




Just tilt your head, haha, forgot to fix.

FYI... People were asking me if the toilets flush in the opposite direction. The ones I've used so far don't swirl like ours, they flush from the front and back. I don't know if that makes sense. And there are two buttons, not handles, one for a small flush and the second for a big flush.


Just a few more pictures... then it's bed time, I hear the trucks outside, which probably means that some people are starting their day.


Here's my room... and then I'm done for today.




The view from my room. There's some construction going on right, but it's really nice!




My room. I move the bed to under the window because I couldn't get the one drawer open. Don't mind the mess. That white thing on the wall, it's a heater. I didn't know what it was at first, I had to be informed.




My wardrobe and my luggage I have yet to find a spot for.




My desk area. Which after I moved my bed, is just pushed down a little further.

I have one more picture. It amused me and we know I'm easily amused.




Rice Crispies = Rice Bubbles. It makes more sense than Rice Crispies I suppose. Oh and ketchup = Tomato sauce.



Ok, well it's a little after 5am, I'm going to try and get in a few more hours of sleep before I start the day and hopefully I won't fall asleep at 6pm again.


See you soon!






 

1 comment:

  1. haha we have the same two button flush thing now in dubai too.

    and i love coco pops!!

    -Abbaw

    ReplyDelete